Thursday 12 July 2012

Underground - a theme for year 6 science term 1

I am teaching science to year 6 for the first time ever. I have observed year 6 twice, once before my PGCE in Sepember 2002, and once during my work experience in November 1995.

The pressure is high because we want to make a good impression on these students.





Here are my initial thoughts. I want to start with questions so that I can incorporate the "scientific method" and help the students take an investigative approach to learning in their science lessons. It should also help me be more creative and not worry that the students should cover "habitats" etc.

I would prefer the science blends nicely to the theme rather than feel forced. Can I achieve this?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tetbury, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment