Friday 27 April 2012

Who gets to say what makes a good teacher?

Last day at my current school today. The group I have taught for 4 years (with a few substitutions, but more or less the same) have gone to extreme lengths to send me off in style.

I don't usually consider myself to be an outstanding teacher. (I haven't been held up as being a shining example, and no one from management has said anything about me being a good teacher that has left a lasting impression).

However, all of that is irrelevant because today I discovered that the students I teach appreciate what I do. I have managed to inspire and make physics fun for the students and hopefully hold their engagement to the end of the course. That is all the matters.

What makes a good teacher? Positive relationships and enthusiasm.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment